Top Review by Boomette
This cake is so good. I used 1 1/2 cup sugar. I didn't want it too sweet. Instead of nutmeg, I used more cinnamon. I sliced it in half and put this frosting on one part : recipe#279117 Thanks Melissa :) Made for Market tag game
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 4 cups carrots, finely grated (measure after grating)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (measure after chopping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly butter and flour a 13x9" baking pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl, set aside.
- Beat the eggs and instant coffee in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture, carrots, and oil and beat for 2 minutes on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Looen the cake from the sides of the pan with a spatula or knife.
- Gently invert the cake onto the rack.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting (or frosting of your choice).