Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A little twist on the standard carrot cake. I hope you enjoy the flavors. I am adding a separate recipe for the optional Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting too. Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 4 cups carrots, finely grated (measure after grating)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (measure after chopping)
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly butter and flour a 13x9" baking pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl, set aside.
- Beat the eggs and instant coffee in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture, carrots, and oil and beat for 2 minutes on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Looen the cake from the sides of the pan with a spatula or knife.
- Gently invert the cake onto the rack.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting (or frosting of your choice).
This cake is so good. I used 1 1/2 cup sugar. I didn't want it too sweet. Instead of nutmeg, I used more cinnamon. I sliced it in half and put this frosting on one part : Cinnamon & Spice Cake Frosting Thanks Melissa :) Made for Market tag game
We just had to give this 5 stars! DH has just recently developed an allergy to dairy products. This has none. I did serve it with a non dairy whipped cream and it was so yummy. The hardest part was finely grating the carrots. This came out really nice and moist. Made as posted and thanks for posting. :)
so moist and delicious, I made as stated only I used chopped walnuts in place of pecans, and topped it with my Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option) I will make this again soon, thanks for sharing Hokie!