Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the WW web site.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- 1 tablespoon general foods international sugar-free Cafe Vienna coffee powder
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Stir in caramel topping and coffee drink mix. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg whites in a large heatproof bowl. Very gradually stir hot milk mixture into egg whites.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of mixture into each of four 1/2-cup ramekins. Place ramekins in a shallow baking dish and add enough hot water (on outside of ramekins) to rise about 1 inch up sides of ramekins.
- Bake until firm and puffy, about 30 minutes. Carefully remove baking dish from oven, lift out ramekins and let cool before serving. To serve chilled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold. Yields 1 per serving.
This was very good but was the top supposed to collapse afterwards? Anyway, I'm glad to have a flan that uses egg whites. Less calories although after trying it, I just had to add the brown sugar topping reminiscent of flans. Muchas gracias! Made for ZWT5.