Recipe by nightfall20252
Traditional zucchini bread. Kind of tastes like something in between carraot cake and banana bread. Thanks to Barbara.
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups zucchini (peeled and shredded)
- 1 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except zucchini and walnuts.
- Gently stir in zucchini and nuts.
- Grease empty coffee can (1 lb size) very well. Spoon in the batter into the can.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the can for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Slice and serve with your choice of spread.
- Note: You can cook in other types of pans if needed. Reduce cooking time accordingly. (9x9 pan = about 30 minutes).