Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy to prepare, make ahead and then cook. Kids like coffee cans when camping, Moms like grill bags, easier cleanup. Your preference.
- Slice potatoes in thin rounds.
- Place in a gallon zip lock bag.
- All of the ingredients except the milk and vegetable oil in the bag. Shake and work the bag with your fingers. Shake a few times. Open the bag, pour in the milk and vegetable oil. Close and shake again.
- Pour into coffee can or grill bag.
- Cook in coals or over grate for about 30 minutes.
Made this on our (gas) grill yesterday... I liked it A LOT and would recommend it. A few notes: 1) my partner (cook of the day) did not put salt in before cooking so a little bland. Recommend adding salt & pepper before putting it on the grill ! 2) She found the combo of basil and cilantro "odd", but I thought it tasted like fancy restaurant seasoning. 3) Served more than enough for 2 adults / 2 kids - we'll get at least 1 more meal with it. Can't wait to try it again!
Excellent, used the coffee can over the campfire. Served with cold ham. The kids suggested that next time, I should add ham to the potatoes! A perfect camping recipe.
We made this last night on the grill for DH birthday dinner. What a hit.