Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy to prepare, make ahead and then cook. Kids like coffee cans when camping, Moms like grill bags, easier cleanup. Your preference.
- Slice potatoes in thin rounds.
- Place in a gallon zip lock bag.
- All of the ingredients except the milk and vegetable oil in the bag. Shake and work the bag with your fingers. Shake a few times. Open the bag, pour in the milk and vegetable oil. Close and shake again.
- Pour into coffee can or grill bag.
- Cook in coals or over grate for about 30 minutes.
Made this on our (gas) grill yesterday... I liked it A LOT and would recommend it. A few notes: 1) my partner (cook of the day) did not put salt in before cooking so a little bland. Recommend adding salt & pepper before putting it on the grill ! 2) She found the combo of basil and cilantro "odd", but I thought it tasted like fancy restaurant seasoning. 3) Served more than enough for 2 adults / 2 kids - we'll get at least 1 more meal with it. Can't wait to try it again!
Excellent, used the coffee can over the campfire. Served with cold ham. The kids suggested that next time, I should add ham to the potatoes! A perfect camping recipe.
We made this last night on the grill for DH birthday dinner. What a hit.