Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Quick and easy to prepare, make ahead and then cook. Kids like coffee cans when camping, Moms like grill bags, easier cleanup. Your preference.
Top Review by LindaB
Made this on our (gas) grill yesterday... I liked it A LOT and would recommend it. A few notes: 1) my partner (cook of the day) did not put salt in before cooking so a little bland. Recommend adding salt & pepper before putting it on the grill ! 2) She found the combo of basil and cilantro "odd", but I thought it tasted like fancy restaurant seasoning. 3) Served more than enough for 2 adults / 2 kids - we'll get at least 1 more meal with it. Can't wait to try it again!
- 6 yukon gold potatoes or 6 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons flour or 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, any type
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes in thin rounds.
- Place in a gallon zip lock bag.
- All of the ingredients except the milk and vegetable oil in the bag. Shake and work the bag with your fingers. Shake a few times. Open the bag, pour in the milk and vegetable oil. Close and shake again.
- Pour into coffee can or grill bag.
- Cook in coals or over grate for about 30 minutes.