Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Quick and easy to prepare. Make ahead and then cook. Kids like coffee cans when camping,Moms like grill bags for easier cleanup. Your preference. This side dish is wonderful with fried or grilled fish.
Top Review by Sherie717
I made these on the stove-top in a 2 qt. saucepan using canned green beans and I really enjoyed them.They made a perfect side dish with my shrimp. I'm sure they taste even better when made while camping-I will try in July when we go!
- 946.36-1419.54 ml snapped fresh green beans
- 473.18 ml sliced morels or 473.18 ml sliced white mushrooms
- 29.58 ml dried onion flakes
- 14.79 ml dried cilantro or 14.79 ml parsley flakes
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml salt or 2.46 ml salt substitute
- 59.14 ml water
- 28.39 ml vegetable oil
- 4 slice fresh bacon, cut in small pieces
- 4 slice fresh lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- In gallon ziplock bag, pour beans,mushrooms,.
- onions, cilantro,pepper, salt, water and vegetable oil.Shake the bag and work the bag with your fingers, shake again.
- For coffee can:.
- 1 deep dish bowl that will fit the diameter of coffee can.
- 3 - 18 inch to 24 inch pieces of heavy duty foil. Make an X with 2 pieces, place 3rd piece in the middle of the X. Push down into the bowl. Bring up the sides. Place slices of fresh lemon on the bottom and sides of foil. Add the bacon pieces.
- Pour the contents of ziplock bag in the foil. Bring up the sides and seal at the top.Leave some air space. Place the foil bag in coffee can. Put in coals or grate.Do not serve lemon slices.
- For grill bag:.
- Slide the lemon slices on the long side of bag. Place the bacon slices on top. Spoon in the contents of zip lock bag. Seal the end of the bag.Place on grate.
- Cook about 30 minutes. Throw away the lemon slices.