Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is for a campfire in the coals. You may put on a grate over the coals or use on a propane grill, just use alternative instructions.If you use frozen vegetables eliminate the water called for in recipe. Personally I like fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 Large coffee can or a gallon can.
- 23 pieces 16 inches long tin foil.
- 31 deep soup or popcorn bowl that will fit the diameter of can.
- 4Place tinfoil centered across the top of bowl, place another piece like an X, the third piece in the two openings horizontally. Push down into the bowl.
- 5Add vegetables, the vegetables will come over the side of the bowl so hold the tinfoil up.
- 6With the tip of a knife blade, poke through the vegetables and make very small holes in the tinfoil on the bottom. Be careful, small holes about six will do.
- 7Slice the fresh lemon, add two slices of lemon on top of vegetables. Close the tinfoil. Leave a little air space at the top.
- 8Find 3 flat top rocks to fit the bottom of the can.
- 9Lift the vegetable bag out of the bowl and put in can. Put on the hot coals.
- 10The rocks will be hot in about 10 minutes, really hot.
- 11Make a foil lid for the can so there is about two inches overhang over the sides.
- 12Make a hole on one side of lid, pour in water. Cover hole with tin foil. Have foil ready to cover. Your vegetables will be ready in 8 to 10 minutes.
- 13Alternate instructions: grate or propane grill. Heat the rocks first in the can over the grate. Then drop the vegetable bag in the can, then make the small holes, then the water and seal the can.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Can Hot Rocks Steamed Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 60.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: