Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is for a campfire in the coals. You may put on a grate over the coals or use on a propane grill, just use alternative instructions.If you use frozen vegetables eliminate the water called for in recipe. Personally I like fresh.
- 1 Large coffee can or a gallon can.
- 3 pieces 16 inches long tin foil.
- 1 deep soup or popcorn bowl that will fit the diameter of can.
- Place tinfoil centered across the top of bowl, place another piece like an X, the third piece in the two openings horizontally. Push down into the bowl.
- Add vegetables, the vegetables will come over the side of the bowl so hold the tinfoil up.
- With the tip of a knife blade, poke through the vegetables and make very small holes in the tinfoil on the bottom. Be careful, small holes about six will do.
- Slice the fresh lemon, add two slices of lemon on top of vegetables. Close the tinfoil. Leave a little air space at the top.
- Find 3 flat top rocks to fit the bottom of the can.
- Lift the vegetable bag out of the bowl and put in can. Put on the hot coals.
- The rocks will be hot in about 10 minutes, really hot.
- Make a foil lid for the can so there is about two inches overhang over the sides.
- Make a hole on one side of lid, pour in water. Cover hole with tin foil. Have foil ready to cover. Your vegetables will be ready in 8 to 10 minutes.
- Alternate instructions: grate or propane grill. Heat the rocks first in the can over the grate. Then drop the vegetable bag in the can, then make the small holes, then the water and seal the can.