1/1 Photo of Coffee Can Campfire Bread
1 hr 10 mins
This a fun and less labor-intensive way to bake bread and impress your camping companions at the same time. Adapted from Sam on About.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bread dough
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons cooking spray
- 1Also requires 1 small coffee can and 1 large coffee can.
- 2Grease and coat the small coffee can liberally with the butter or cooking spray.
- 3Place dough in can and cover with foil. Place in warm area, perhaps on the ashes of the outskirts of a campfire until dough rises, until almost doubled in volume.
- 4Line the bottom of the large can with about 1 or 2 inchs of pebbles, small rocks or sand to keep the bread from burning on the bottom. Set the small can inside the large one, making sure the sides don't touch, and then insert the large can into the coals, burying about two or three inches of the bottom. Cover the entire top with foil and poke a few holes to allow air. Check by lifting foil in about 40 to 50 minutes. Bread is done when brown on top.
- 5Feel free to use different kinds of bread dough. I used a pound of wheat dough mixed in my bread machine.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Can Campfire Bread
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 126.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: