Recipe by True Texas
I don't know why coffee can breads intrigue me but they do. Anytime I see a new recipe that says coffee can I file it away to try some day.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in a small bowl the first 3 ingredients.
- Cover with a towel and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Mix next 4 ingredients. Add yeast mixture and flour. Mix all well.
- Divide dough into 2 greased 1 pound coffee cans. Put plastic lid on cans and allow to rise till lid pops off.
- Remove lids and place cans upright in 350 oven for 35 minutes or till desired brownness is reached.