Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is an outdoor recipe over a fire pit in the ground, campfire. You must have a metal 2# coffee can and foil. I mix the dry ingredients in a ziplock bag. Then I dump in the can. (Do they have coffee in metal cans any more?)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 ounces apples, sliced unsweetened or 3 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 ounces evaporated milk (1/2 can)
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 inches piece aluminum foil
- 1Wash coffee can and dry. Keep plastic lid.
- 2Put margarine in can. Use a paper towel to wipe the entire inside of can. Leave the remaining margarine.
- 3Add the apple slices, if canned do not drain, add liquid.
- 4In large ziplock bag mix the following:.
- 5Flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Shake shake shake.
- 6Add to the coffee can. Put the plastic lid on and hold on to the top and bottom of can and shake shake shake. Remove lid. If it is not mixed well enough, use the dreaded spoon.
- 7Add the milk and water in the can. Replace the plastic lid. Do the shake shake shake again. Take off lid.
- 8Place heavy foil on top of can. Place in coals or on grill over fire. When you start to hear the sizzle for about 15 minutes, remove to the end of the coals or the side of the grill, and continue to cook another 20 minutes. Pull off. Let set a few minutes.
- 9Serve with a spoon. Do not get down to the very bottom, it may be too brown. My kids loved the crispies, but perhaps not to everyone's taste. Serve with ice cream, whipped topping or dry Jello mix sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Can Apple Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.7
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 778.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g