Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lovely coffee cake. Wondeful served at an afternoon tea or for a brunch.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄3 cup marigold petals
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- With a hand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon half the batter into a well-greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Drop the marmalade by small spoonfuls over the batter.
- Blend carefully together.
- Sprinkle batter with marigold petals, top with remaining batter.
- Spread batter evenly with the back of an oiled spatula.
- Swirl a knife gently through the batter to create a rippled effect.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Serve each warm piece topped with a spoonful of yogurt and a marigold.