1 hr 40 mins
What a great cake! Moist and delicious with just the right balance of tartness and sweetness. I used nonfat plain yogurt instead of sour cream and used freshly made cranberry sauce instead of canned. Perfect for the holidays and all year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream (I used nonfat plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce (I used 1 cup of fresh cranberry sauce)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2(Decrease the temperature by 25 degrees if using dark pan).
- 3Grease and flour a 9 or 10 inch tube pan. Tap out the excess flour.
- 4Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Beat in the eggs just until well blended.
- 6Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 7Lower the mixer speed, and add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream or yogurt until just blended. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- 8Stir in the almond extract and mix only until just combined.
- 9Pour 1/3 of the batter into the pan.
- 10Swirl 1/2 of the cranberry sauce into the batter.
- 11Add another 1/3 of the batter, then swirl in the remaining cranberry sauce. Top with remaining batter.
- 12Bake about 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13Let cool in pan on wire rack about 10 minutes. Cut around edge of the cake to loosen, then turn out and let cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Cake With Cranberry Swirl
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 332.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g