Prep 15 mins
Cook 38 mins
This is from Betty Crocker's Super Moist Party Cakes. I'm posting it here for safekeeping!
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (1 lb) container vanilla frosting
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) bars chocolate-covered english toffee bars, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 F (or 325 F if using dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9 inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In small cup, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 cup water, the oil, eggs and coffee mixture with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl,mix frosting and caramel topping. Frost cake with frosting mixture. Sprinkle with toffee candy. Store loosely covered at room temperature.