Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can use any berries you like in this cake. To make it non-dairy (pareve) I use margarine and soja-milk.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soja milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup your choice nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan.
- Cream butter/margarine and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add milk and egg.
- Mix well.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter/margarine mix.
- Stir until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Combine all topping ingredients in food processor.
- Process with metal blade until just mixed.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
This was yummy - very moist and tasty. It seems like a LOT of streusel topping but it comes out fine