1/2 Photos of Coffee Cake (Vegan!)
This is my favourite coffee cake recipe, which I've turned vegan with great success. Adapted from a sour cream coffee cake recipe that my mom used to make from The Joy of Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (preferably unbleached)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or just a few dashes)
- 1 cup plain soy yogurt (I use So Nice brand)
- 3 teaspoons egg substitute (such as Ener-G)
- 4 tablespoons water
For the topping
- 1Make the streusel topping: mix together the 2 tbsp flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, margarine in a small bowl; add nuts and set aside.
- 2Sift or stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3Stir the egg replacer into the water until mixed (in a large bowl), then add the soy yogurt (be sure to use a brand of soy yogurt that is very smooth and creamy tasting).
- 4Add dry ingredients to the yogurt mixture and beat with a spoon just until smooth.
- 5Scrape into an 8" or 9" pan, either nonstick or lightly oiled/sprayed.
- 6Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the batter.
- 7Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven, for about 30-35 minutes or until done (depends on the size/shape of your pan- you may need to check after 25 min if the pan is quite shallow).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Cake (Vegan!)
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2177.1
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 1998.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 433.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 268.4 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: