Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This will go like hotcakes. I use to make it up just before a lake trip and take it along. Was Always gone in a matter of minutes.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, shortening, buttermilk, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and eggs.
- Blend on low speed of mixer.
- In small bowl mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
- Pour half of the cake batter into pan; sprinkle half of the topping mix over.
- Repeat a second time.
- cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
This was so good! Very easy to make. The only thing I did to this recipe was increase the cinnamon by 1/2 t in the batter. Couldn't wait for it to come out of the oven in the morning.
This was a real pleaser at work when I took it in the morning. I thought the topping made too much, though. Next time, I'll cut it in half 'cause I had so much left over. Thanks for sharing Michelle.
This is so good, it is sinful!! I didn't have Crisco, so used butter and did the traditional creaming method, and alternated flour mixture with the buttermilk. Baked it right away and saw no ill effects. The topping is quite a bit, but it turns out gooey, kind of on the order of cinnamon rolls. If you aren't sure if you will like all the topping, use half the first time. It was very easy to put together. We liked it just the way it was written! Michelle, thanks for a great recipe!