1/2 Photos of Coffee Cake Muffins
From the Plumpjack Squaw Valley Inn, Olympic Valley, CA
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1For topping: Add brown sugar, rolled oats, flour, walnuts, cinnamon and butter in a food processor (put the butter in last so it is on top).
- 2Pulse a few times until the mixture is coarse and crumbly (This can also be done by hand or with a pastry blender); set topping aside.
- 3Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- 4In a bowl, whisk the buttermilk and eggs together.
- 5Add the melted butter and stir until well blended.
- 6In another bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- 7Pour the buttermilk/butter mixture over the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 8Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into prepared muffin cups (will be almost full).
- 9Sprinkle evenly with the topping, covering the top of each muffin completely.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, with a few moist crumbs attached.
- 11Cool for 3 minutes and turn out on cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Cake Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.8
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 243.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g