1/3 Photos of Coffee-Cake Muffins
A simple muffin with golden raisins. Personally, I would add cinnamon to the topping and leave out the raisins. Some nuts would be a nice addition too. From Everyday Food
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more
- unsalted butter, for pan
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup golden raisin
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a 12-cup standard muffin tin.
- 2In a small bowl, using your fingertips, combine 2 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup flour; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat remaining 4 tablespoons butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Add eggs one at a time; beat after each addition until combined.
- 6Add flour mixture and buttermilk in alternating batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat until just combined.
- 7Fold in raisins.
- 8Divide batter equally into tin; top with brown-sugar mixture. Bake until browned and a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before lifting muffins out onto a cooling rack.
- 9Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee-Cake Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.1 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g