Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a family favorite, the taste of cinnamon and sugar always perks you up. These are heavenly muffins. Edited to change number of servings to 12
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- MIX the first 5 ingredients: brown sugar, nuts, flour, butter, cinnamon.
- COMBINE 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. CUT in shortening. MIX milk, egg and ADD to flour. STIR 'til moistened.
- SPOON into paper muffin tin liners: 1 tablespoon first; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture; fill rest of way (to about 2/3) with batter. TOP with brown sugar mixture. BAKE at 375°F for 25 minutes.
These were VERY GOOD and SOFT and had that nice mild coffee cake flavor. I used pecan chips, buttermilk and butter. I prefer a streusal topping with unmelted cut in butter. Everyone at my work really enjoyed these. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
These muffins were great!! Only managed to make 12 muffins out of the mix. Used low-fat milk and, instead of nuts, used chocolate chips!! Thanks Chef Vseward!
Tasty. But I don't see how they got 24 muffins out of this....I got 15 small ones and didn't have enough dough for the top half. I would only make 12 with this recipe and double to make 24.