Recipe by looneytunesfan
Tastes just like coffee cake.
Top Review by devlinv1
These muffins are very bland and somehow, despite not having any cornmeal in them, taste similar to cornbread muffins I've had at restaurants. They also didn't puff up on top like a muffin is supposed to. Instead they just ran over the top of the pan so they had a weird flat cap on them. All in all, a crap recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Beat egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Beat softened butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture and egg mixture alternately, mixing with a wooden spoon after each addition. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or until muffins are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Remove muffins. Dip muffin tops in melted butter, then in cinnamon sugar. Place right side up on a wire rack; cool or serve warm.