I have been making this recipe since I was first married. It comes from a Better Homes cookbook and it is one of our favorites.
- Sift 1 1/2°C flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix egg and milk.
- Add all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Combine brown sugar, nuts, 1 T.
- flour, cinnamon and butter.
- Place half of the batter in greased or paper lined muffin pans.
- Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over each one.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.