This is a recipe everybody will love and you can make in under ten minutes. Instead of lugging out big pans and making a mess in your kitchen; this is so easy to clean up and it is so delicious! Tip: If you want it to be a bit healthier, swap out the sour cream for Greek yogurt. I got this recipe from Prudent Baby.com
- Grab a mug from the cabinet (microwave safe).
- Put tablespoon of butter in and soften for 10-15 seconds in the microwave.
- Stir in sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg (You will want to only use abouthalf of it for a good consistency, but use as much as you need to).
- Add sour cream.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- In a seperate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of butter, 2 tablespoons of flour, brown sugar, and cinammon.
- Smash it together with your fingers for a few seconds (until firm).
- Put the crumb topping mixture into the cake mixture.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. Then microwave it for ten more seconds.
Oh my, Linda of Castle Rock, this is actually quite good. And it's pretty easy to make as well. I made mine in a ramekin, but next time I will make it in a coffee mug as the directions clearly state. (I thought that baking it in a ramekin, which is shorter than a mug, might allow it to photograph better, but instead the crumb topping spilled over the edge of the ramekin as the cake puffed up during baking.) But my goodness it tasted wonderful despite that minor faux pas. And the cooking time was perfect....1 minute and 10 seconds was just enough to bake it sufficiently while not drying out or hardening the cake (which has been a problem for me for many of the mug cakes I've tried). Made for the 2013 My 3 Chefs event. Yum!