Recipe by Charmed
This recipe is from the Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library, and posted in response to a request.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour (see note)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a 10" tube pan, 12" bundt pan or 2 9x5x3" loaf pans (or spray well with non-stick spray).
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs& vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, soda& salt, then mix into the butter and sugar mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- For tube or bundt pan: spread 1/3 of batter (about 2 cups) in pan and sprinkle with 1/3 of filling (about 6 tablespoons); repeat twice.
- For loaf pans: spread 1/4 of batter (about 1 1/2 cups) in each pan and sprinkle each with 1/4 filling (about 5 tablespoons); repeat.
- Bake about 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in pan (s) before removing.
- To prepare filling: Mix brown sugar, nuts& cinnamon.
- *Note:If using self-rising flour, omit baking powder, baking soda& salt.