Recipe by amanda felt
this is a light, spicey and easy recipe. add any kind of fruit, fresh, frozen or canned.
- 2 3⁄4 cups spelt flour
- 2⁄3 cup granular fructose
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup light oil (canola)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup of your favorite fruit, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- sift together all the dry ingredients.
- in a large bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together until imulsified.
- add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- add the optional chopped fruit and fold.
- pour batter into a greased 8 inch square pan and place in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- allow to cool and eat.