Recipe by kristi hollingshed
This is a wonderful coffee cake. It is simple and easy to make. Your family will be asking for it again and again just like mine does! This is my great grandma's recipe, I loved it as a child and love it even more as an adult. It is so good that you could even make it for dessert!
Top Review by Chef Hunter 1368
This recipe was a treat to work with. I made the coffee cake for a meeting at work and it was a huge success! Everyone loved it - said it was super-moist and several people requested the recipe! I did make a couple of changes only due to not including nuts due to possible allergies. The recipe calls for 2 cups of chopped pecans - I substituted 1 cup of instant oatmeal and 1 cup of Hershey's cinnamon chips - to go along with the cinnamon theme of the cake. It was great and the recipe is awesome! I want to try one w/ the nuts for home now!! :) Thanks, Kristi!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxmoist yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, eggs, instant butterscotch pudding, instant vanilla pudding, vegetable oil and water.
- In a separate bowl mix chopped pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and sugar.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the pan then sprinkle half of nut mixture on top of that.
- Then pour the next half of cake batter into pan.
- Then sprinkle the rest of the nut mixture on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-60 minutes depending on your oven.