Recipe by happynana
This is a coffee cake that my mom use to make when she had her friends over for coffee - over 30 years ago. It is still one of my favorites.
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 -6 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (I have used the small and large size)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil (not olive)
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gease well bundt cake pan.
- Combine together cake mix, vanilla pudding, oil, butter flavoring, water and vanilla and blend well. (My mother didn't use a mixer - I do on a medium speed for cake mix).
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Mix together nut ingredients.
- Alternate cake and nut mixture in pan.
- Swirl knife through dough.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.