Recipe by Ebony Enchantress
This is my mother's recipe. She would make this cake for my father's church meetings years ago.
Top Review by andreaadams01
This is a simple and delicious recipe! I made it while my 4 month old was taking her afternoon nap and it was made, baked, plus dishes washed by the time she awoke! Thank you so much for posting! :)
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salad oil, egg and milk.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to milk mixture and mix together well.
- Pour into greased 9X9X2-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with Spicy Topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
- Spicy Topping: Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1/2 cup broken nuts. Sprinkle over warm cake.