Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sacaryl dry sweetener (or 12 tabs, crushed)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages instant yeast
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Scald milk, add butter, salt and sweetener.
- Stir until butter is melted and cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and add to milk mixture.
- Add eggs and flour and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x9-inch pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Scatter the nuts over the top and dust with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven.
I been looking for coffe cake I change the sugar to splenda and lite margarine and non-fat milk. Thank You for the recipe.
If you follow the recipe there is no pouring as in step 5. In fact there won't be any "mix well" as in step 4. The mixture is way to dry. I am going to try adding a cup of milk, I hope I can fix it.