1 hr 10 mins
Girl from India's Note:
This is a cake I have just made from my mum's cook book. Very, very good cake. Just screamed out share me, share me so that the world can enjoy. Next time I am going to sub brown sugar for the white.
My Private Note
7inch r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml instant coffee granules
- 3 eggs, separated
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml yoghurt
- 29.58 ml rum or 29.58 ml brandy
- 1Grease and line a 7 inch round cake tin.
- 2Separate the eggs while still cold and then keep aside to come to room temperature.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 4Mix sugar, coffee and water in a saucepan and heat on sim till the sugar dissolves.
- 5Then bring to a boil and remove from the fire.
- 6Let it cool down slightly and then add the rum.
- 8Sieve the flour and baking powder together 3 times.
- 9Whisk the eggs with an electric handheld beater till stiff peaks form.
- 10Beat the butter and egg yolks with the dough attachment until fluffy and light.
- 11Stir in with fast rotations of a rubber spatula the sugar and coffee mix and the yoghurt and then stir in the flour too.
- 12Fold the egg whites gently into this mixture in two batches using the cut, fold and turn technique.
- 13Where you cut in the cetre and lift the batter gently towards the left side and then rotate the bowl so that you can cut again.
- 14THis should be done quickly but gently with only wrist movements.
- 15EMpty batter into the prepared cake tin.
- 16Bake for 40 minutes or so till a tested comes out clean.
- 17Invert onto a serving platter after 2-3 minutes and cool.
- 18For Sauce:.
- 19Boil 1/2 a cup of water with sugar, coffee and butter.
- 20Simmer for 2 minutes while you dissolve the cornflour in the other 1/2 cup of water.
- 21Stir till the mixture thickens and then put off.
- 22Make holes in the cake with a wooden skewer and pour the sauce over the cooled cake.
- 23Let the sauce flow over the side of the cake too.
- 24Cool and serve!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4073.3
- Calories from Fat 1853
- Total Fat 205.9 g
- Saturated Fat 124.7 g
- Cholesterol 1060.0 mg
- Sodium 2447.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 503.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 302.2 g
- Protein 48.9 g