Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from my Mother in law, she got it from an old cook book and added the orange juice. It is fantastic.
Coffee Cake Batter
- 473.18 ml flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- orange juice, crack the egg into a measuring cup, add orange juice so that the egg and juice together make 1 cup
- 59.16 ml flour
- 59.16 ml butter
- 147.89 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Coffee Cake Batter.
- Mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Mix ingredients together with a fork until crumbly.
- Spread evenly on op of Coffee Cake Batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
A pretty good cake but I would add more sugar to sweeten it up some. Great with a cup of Nescafe Taster's Choice since I'm a Taster.
This was okay. It was pretty dense and pretty much tasted like cake with brown sugar on top.
Still waiting for it to finish cooking... (About 30 minutes later) It was very tasty. I think next time I might replace half of the sugar in the batter with brown sugar. I think I also may have over-greased the pan so the cake didn't taste quite right. Overall, good recipe, thanks!