Recipe by truebrit
This streusel-topped cake doesn't last long in our home! I think it tastes even better on the second day. (If there is any left!) After a busy day, there's no better way to unwind than with a slice of coffee cake and a nice hot cuppa!
Top Review by BookPub
Yum! Absolutely delicious! The only thing I might change is to make it in a somewhat smaller pan so the cake is higher. Now it's somewhat on the low side. Nevertheless, I REALLY loved the taste of this cake.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F; Grease and flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- To make the streusel topping, combine 1/4 cup flour, 2/3 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Rub in 1/4 cup butter until flour mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Crack the egg into a measuring cup, and then add milk to make 1 cup.
- Pour into crumb mixture, and add the vanilla.
- Mix until it is just combined (Do not overbeat).
- Spread into pan, and sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done.
- Cool, and then cut into slices.