Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Kaffeebrownie recipe comes from a German recipe book called Coffee Shop. I make it often, though I substitute the pecans for walnuts and prepare the cream cheese icing with powdered icing sugar (amount according to taste) as opposed to white sugar.
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 185 g soft butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 140 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 200 g pecan nuts (chopped)
- 400 g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- butter, for the form
- cocoa or chocolate sprinkles or chocolate, shaving to dust the icing
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Butter your form (20x30cm).
- Stir instant coffee powder in a cup of hot water.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together.
- After this, stir in eggs and coffee.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, pecans, salt, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Combine both moist and dry mix.
- Stir together.
- Put batter into greased form and spread so it is even throughout.
- Place in oven for approx.
- 20 minutes to bake.
- After baking, allow brownie to cool.
- With an electic mixer, mix cream cheese and white sugar together until smooth.
- Spread on cooled brownie.
- Dust with cocoa or sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- Keep refrigerated when not served.