This Kaffeebrownie recipe comes from a German recipe book called Coffee Shop. I make it often, though I substitute the pecans for walnuts and prepare the cream cheese icing with powdered icing sugar (amount according to taste) as opposed to white sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 185 g soft butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 140 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 200 g pecan nuts (chopped)
- 400 g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- butter, for the form
- cocoa or chocolate sprinkles or chocolate, shaving to dust the icing
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- 2Butter your form (20x30cm).
- 3Stir instant coffee powder in a cup of hot water.
- 4Cream butter and brown sugar together.
- 5After this, stir in eggs and coffee.
- 6In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, pecans, salt, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 7Combine both moist and dry mix.
- 8Stir together.
- 9Put batter into greased form and spread so it is even throughout.
- 10Place in oven for approx.
- 1120 minutes to bake.
- 12After baking, allow brownie to cool.
- 13With an electic mixer, mix cream cheese and white sugar together until smooth.
- 14Spread on cooled brownie.
- 15Dust with cocoa or sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- 16Keep refrigerated when not served.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.0
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 253.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: