Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These delicious squares come from "Two Hot Tamales" cookbook. Makes 12 large or 20 small brownies
- 141.74 g unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 295.73 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 44.37 ml finely ground espresso beans
- 2.46 ml salt
- 591.47 ml sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Butter and flour a 9- x 12-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine the chocolate, butter, coffee, and salt in the top of a double boiler or bowl over simmering water. Cook until melted and smooth. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined. Fold in the flour until it just disappears. Gently fold in the pecans.
- Pour into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack 1 hour. Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen and cut into squares. Lift out and transfer to serving dish or tin.
Oh my! These were so good. They were very easy to make. I made exactly as stated except leaving out the nuts for the kids. They were very rich and tasted fantastic. Next time I might increase the coffee just a tad.
Wonderfully rich chocolatey brownie with just a hint of coffee flavor. I don't like a really strong coffee flavor. These were just right. I've got to make some of these to take to work - major brownie points! Made for Aus/NZ Swap #32.
One word, AMAZING. I used chocolate covered coffee beans, as this was all I had. Received rave review from the guests served.