This is from the big bag of recipes my mother gave me. It uses instant coffee to give it the mocha flavor. In the original recipe it uses a double boiler to melt the chocolate but I have found that using the microwave is much quicker.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and coffee.
- Melt chocolate with butter in microwave; cool.
- In bowl, beat eggs with sugar until light and fluffy; add to chocolate mixture; blend well.
- Stir four mixture into chocolate mixture until blended.
- Add vanilla and nuts and gently mix.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until center springs back when light pressed.