Recipe by mary winecoff
This is from the big bag of recipes my mother gave me. It uses instant coffee to give it the mocha flavor. In the original recipe it uses a double boiler to melt the chocolate but I have found that using the microwave is much quicker.
Top Review by Jezski
Ohhhhh, Yeahhhhh. These are gooood!! Terrific flavor, easy to make, quick. What more could anyone want. We like'em. And we'll make them often. Made exactly as written and can't think of any improvement that could be made. Thanks, Mary. You've got some other goodies posted, too . . . . Janet
- 3⁄4 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and coffee.
- Melt chocolate with butter in microwave; cool.
- In bowl, beat eggs with sugar until light and fluffy; add to chocolate mixture; blend well.
- Stir four mixture into chocolate mixture until blended.
- Add vanilla and nuts and gently mix.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until center springs back when light pressed.