This is from the big bag of recipes my mother gave me. It uses instant coffee to give it the mocha flavor. In the original recipe it uses a double boiler to melt the chocolate but I have found that using the microwave is much quicker.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and coffee.
- Melt chocolate with butter in microwave; cool.
- In bowl, beat eggs with sugar until light and fluffy; add to chocolate mixture; blend well.
- Stir four mixture into chocolate mixture until blended.
- Add vanilla and nuts and gently mix.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until center springs back when light pressed.
Ohhhhh, Yeahhhhh. These are gooood!! Terrific flavor, easy to make, quick. What more could anyone want. We like'em. And we'll make them often. Made exactly as written and can't think of any improvement that could be made. Thanks, Mary. You've got some other goodies posted, too . . . . Janet
Mary I love brownies...and these are scrumptious. So good. The fudgy coffee treats are out of this world. They were really quick and easy to make. I left out the nuts, dh is allergic, and didn't miss them. The flavor of the brownies is incredible. I found them to be just the right texture and sweetness for us. Just perfect, you don't need frosting with these babies. Thanks so much for sharing another recipe that I will make again often. :)
Loved the moist & fudgy, yet firm texture of these brownies. I've been looking for a brownie recipe for years that isn't too cakey or doesn't need icing but that isn't too dark chocolate tasting. This is it! I used pecans (what I had on hand) & Kaluha flavored instant coffee granules. Thanks for sharing your mom's recipe, Mary. It's now going into my "big recipe book" for DD one day. Made for March 2008 Photo Forum Challenge - Kaffee Klatsch