Recipe by HokiesMom
The name itself tells me this is going to be a hit on my breakfast table! From the Millstone Coffee website. Definitely have to try these and soon. Overnight marinating is needed for the raisins and walnuts so be prepared.
- 1 tablespoon coffee, brewed double-strength (or 1/2 shot home espresso)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour, siftedx
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, marinate raisins and walnuts in coffee overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease or line muffin cups (28 needed).
- Cream sugar with butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs into mixture one at a time.
- Sift a little flour over nuts and raisins in coffee.
- Resift remaining flour together with baking soda and salt.
- Into large bowl, add dry ingredients alternately with milk and egg mixture; beat after each addition until smooth.
- Fold in coffee, nut and raisin mixture.
- Fill cups 2/3 full and bake 25 minutes until set (toothpick test works).