Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
In ‘Maxwell House Coffee Drinks & Desserts Cookbook’ by Barbara Albright
Make and share this Coffee Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups 100% all-bran cereal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup room temperature brewed strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly butter 12 muffin pan cups (or line them with paper cups).
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Stir the cereal and buttermilk in another bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the coffee, corn syrup, and egg and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and cereal mixtures just until moistened (the batter will be lumpy).
- Stir in the raisins.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the pan to wire rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
- Serve warm.