Recipe by DrGaellon
Sounds a little strange, but it's really good. Adapted from a recipe by karela at allrecipes.com
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat slow cooker to low (or preheat oven to 350F).
- Using a sharp knife, pierce 5-6 deep slits in roast. Push a garlic clove into each hole. Place the roast in the slow cooker (or in a roasting pan) and pour coffee over meat.
- Cook on low 6-8 hrs (or bake in oven 2-3 hours).
- Remove beef to a serving plate, tent with foil and let rest. Meanwhile, pour drippings into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk cornstarch and water together. When drippings are simmering, slowly add cornstarch slurry, whisking constantly. Stop when desired constituency is reached. Slice meat and serve with gravy.