Recipe by Chef53Kathy
This is a very simple to make bar cookie, goes great with a cup of coffee for breakfast or any other time of the day. My old neighbor, Aunt Lou, introduced me to this recipe about 40 years ago when I was a little girl. It's always been a favorite of mine because I've always LOVED coffee!!!
Top Review by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
This is the second time I have made these. This time I added raisons and instead of the glaze I sprinkled powdered sugar over the top of them. Something different this time for church! Always, Jelly
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup hot black coffee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons hot black coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the margarine, brown sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to above until incorporated.
- Slowly add the hot coffee.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured jelly roll pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350°.
- Remove from oven and top with the glaze while cake is still warm.
- To make glaze melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the powdered sugar and coffee. Mixing with a wire whisk until smooth. Spread over the warm bars while the glaze is hot.