Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice bar to have for an afternoon snack! Good with a hot cup of tea or coffee!
- 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold leftover coffee
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix ingredients together and pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ice with simple powdered sugar, butter, vanilla icing while still warm.
- Cut into bars and serve warm or room temperature.
I agree with Tebo's review - it could have had more flavour. We don't use nuts in our house (allergies) and raisins are a no in the food. So, I replaced both of these items for 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. I had to bake an extra 20 minutes...and it still was not cooked through. It could have been the chocolate chips? I wanted some flavour to them though.
These were good and easy to do. I did find they could have had more flavour. Some vanilla and extra cinnamon maybe!!