Recipe by DbKnadler
If you like chocolate covered coffee beans, you'll love this. And it's waaay easier to make.
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coffee beans (I used columbian)
- 1 ounce paraffin wax (find this with the canning supplies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the coffee beans on a cookie sheet in a hot oven for 5-10 mins, or until you can start to smell them.
- Heat wax and chocolate in the top of a double boiler. I used a metal mixing bowl over a sauce pan of boiling water. Heat the water just to a simmer prior to adding the chocolate in the top. Too hard of a boil will heat the chocolate too quickly and cause it to seize up. Be sure to heat the chocolate just until melted, then remove from heat.
- Add the warm coffee beans to the melted chocolate/wax mixture, and stir to cover completely.
- Pour mixture out onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet and allow to cool overnight.
- Break into bite sized pieces and enjoy!
- I must warn you that this is not something that you'd want to give to small children or eat a lot of in one sitting as the caffeine really packs a whallop!