- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup strong black coffee, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In separate bowl, combine banana, milk, coffee and vanilla; add to dry mixture, stirring lightly to make a moist dough.
- On lightly floured board, knead dough lightly for about 30 seconds.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness; cut into 3 inch rounds and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 425 F oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes about 10 scones.