Recipe by Charmie777
This is a delicious way to do a beef roast. The gravy is dark and tasty.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I made this for dinner tonight. I followed the recipe and didn't make any substitutions or alterations. I added baby carrots the last 45 minutes of cook time. DH said the carrots were ok, but not to make them again. No one liked the gravy. But, everyone liked the beef. If I make this again, I will just serve the beef, forget the gravy and make separate sides.
- 1 (3 -5 lb) beef roast (any kind)
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup coffee
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Coat roast with flour and poke all over with fork.
- Sear in skillet in hot oil until browned on all sides.
- Transfer to roasting dish.
- Mix the coffee, soy sauce and sugar together.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and roast at 350º for 2-3 hours, or until tender.
- About 45 minues before the roast is done, add potatoes, carrots and onions, if desired.