- 2 tablespoons whole coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 (3/4 lb) New York strip steaks (each 1-inch thick)
- vegetable oil (for brushing the cooking grate)
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely grind the coffee beans and peppercorns in a food processor or coffee grinder.
- Press the mixture evenly on both sides of the steaks.
- Brush the grill grate with vegetable oil.
- Place the steaks on the grill directly over high heat; grill for about 8-10 minutes, turning once (or cook until desired doneness).
- Remove steaks from the grill; season both sides with salt.
- Let the steaks rest 2-3 minutes before serving; serve warm.