Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and great tasting steak rub.
Make and share this Coffee and Cocoa Steak Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons of fine ground coffee (not flavored)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a pie plate or bowl, combine coffee, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Rub the steak with olive oil, then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Coat the steak with the coffee-cocoa mix, pressing it into the meat.
- Grill to your preferences.
Made as suggested, and it was FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
I added a touch of sugar, garlic powder and cumin to the coffee-cocoa mix. I used garlic oil. Used on 4 pounds of steak. Yum! Thanks! Made for comfort cafe!