Recipe by Boomette
This is an espress recipe from Coup de Pouce, issue December 2006. This needs to be in the fridge for 4 hours.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Yummy, rich, creamy chocolate with a hint of coffee, so good and looked so nice, I topped with recipe#145344 and it set it off great. Hat this to finish off a dinner with friends and everyone gave it 5 stars. So easy for something so good. I'd also grated chocolate to top the cream for looks but forgot to use it - no problem it tasted wonderful as is.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups non-fat soymilk
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, mix brown sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, coffee and salt. Add slowly soy milk and bring to boil at medium heat.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 1 minute or until thicken. Remove saucepan from the heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Add vanilla and stir.
- Spread pudding in 4 individual serving dishes. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.