Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From *The World Encyclopedia of Coffee* -- Per the intro, "This heavenly dessert could not be easier -- A froth of whipped coffee & brandy cream tops juicy grapes. A crisp cookie (or biscotti) is a delicious contrast to serve w/it." This recipe also suggests a garnish of frosted grapes & tells you how to do it, but 1 of RZ's own (Bergy) has done it for us w/her Frosted Green Grapes for Garnish. (Time does not include 1 hr sitting time for brandy/sugar mixture or 1 hr chilling time b4 serving, so plan ahead). *Enjoy* !
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar (soft)
- 1⁄2 orange, rind of, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee (brewed, chilled)
- 1 2⁄3 cups double cream (heavy cream)
- 8 ounces green seedless grapes
- sugared grapes (garnish) (optional)
- crisp cookies (optional) or biscotti, to serve (optional)
- Put brown sugar, grated orange rind & brandy into a sml bowl. Stir well, cover w/a clear film and leave to stand for 1 hour.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a clean bowl and stir in the coffee. Slowly pour in the cream, whisking all the time.
- Continue whisking for 3-4 minutes or till the mixture thickens enough to stand in soft peaks.
- Divide the grapes between 6 glasses and pour (or spoon) the syllabub over the grapes. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Serving Suggestion: Garnish ea glass with a small cluster of sugared grapes and serve with a crisp cookie (or biscotti).